I made quite a few bits and pieces for the party. I wanted to do cones of popcorn as a fairly healthy snack, considering all of the lollies that would be there. I made the cones out of cardboard and stuck the decorative circles on with a hot glue.
I then bent the inner circles of a wire cupcake holder in, so that the cones would sit upright.
A fairly quick and easy way of displaying the popcorn.
I made her party hat by making a cone out of cardboard. I cut out an oval to fit on the front and a number 4. I then cut little strips of purple ribbon and glued in to the back. The whole lot was then glued onto the cone. I modge podged over top of everything to secure it down, giving the whole hat a bit more strength and added nice shine.. I then hot glue gunned ribbon around the base to finish it.
I was really happy with the way it turned out
The ribbon wands were probably the most time consuming, mainly because I was trying to figure it all out as I went along. I started off with some lengths of 9mm dowel, which I then cut to size.and sanded down the tops to round them off a little
I printed off some papers in a pattern that I liked and glued it to the dowel. I them screwed an eye screw into the top and added a swivel. I then modge podged over the entire thing with 5-6 coats to give it a nice coating and shine.. Then once dry added the ribbon by tying it to the other end of the swivel.
They were a huge hit and only cost $10 for 12, where cost to buy would have been close to $100
I also decorated some plain white boxes to fit in with the party theme.




No comments:
Post a Comment